Emeralds and Chinchilla


I don't wear fur myself.  
But I am seeing a lot of it around Paris.
Paris is full of wealthy Russians,  they wear very expensive furs,  
sable chinchilla and lavish minks all of very high quality.  
 As one Russian friend told me in defense of her fur wearing habits
You try going out in your native country when its  -20 C ( -4 Fahrenheit)

The only problem is I am not seeing the emeralds with the furs.  





But I can report that Van Cleef and Arpels was packed to the brim last Saturday,
and yes they were Russians!
  

One has always been able to can pick up very fine emeralds at Van Cleef and Arpels. 

 Van Cleef and Arpels 1930's
One can wear this necklace facing either way


.

Van Cleef and Arpels continues to make beautiful feminine jewelry that is distinctive, imaginative, fabulously theirs alone.


There were very few costumers in the other shops around the legendary 

Place Vendôme




And right next door  Mauboussin is still flogging it .
Yes this window  display is on Place Vendôme in Paris, 

I

Comments

I have to say I prefer the emeralds to the turquoise-but they are far from shabby! pgt
I have green eyes, and I love emeralds . A bit of Persian turquoise can lift the grey when deftly combined.
Lovely to hear from you!
DH

Popular Posts