All text, and images © 2014, Debra Healy
unless otherwise stated.


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Archives

I am a mad collector of reference materials.  I collect books and original archival materials about jewelry, design, fashion, and style.
Every thing about this image interests me,  the mirror is by Serge Roche, 
the gown is  by Marcel Rochas, the jewels are by Boucheron, circa 1936.

First edition 1953
A recent gift from my British in-laws. My mother-in-law is a Fellow of the Gemological Association of Great Britain. She was awarded the Rayner Prize, and studied with the world famous
Gemologist Robert Webster , FGA.

Original auction catalog
 I always keep my eyes peeled for old auction catalogs.



Photo from the above  catalog 




Image and resale information from
Jewels of the Romanovs: Family and Court,  by Stefano Papi


This carved emerald pendant came form the above sale,
it was resold in Geneva in 1964 to a private collector.

1 comment:

Diamonds in the Library said...

Those Boucheron jewels from the 1930s (and the mirror they're reflected in) are to die for. Thank you for sharing.